Who we are
Orchard Link is a south Devon organisation set up in 1998 by a group of apple and cider enthusiasts concerned about the rapid decline of traditional orchards in the area. It is volunteer-run, on a not-for-profit community basis. Bi-monthly members' meetings are held in the Church House Inn, Harberton, starting at 7.30 p.m.
Our purpose it to promote:
- the restoration and extension of orchards by providing technical advice and support both to owners of existing trees and those planning to plant an area for the first time
- the conservation of traditional local fruit varieties
- the productive use of fruit crops for eating, juicing, cider making and cooking
- the exchange of knowledge, skills and expertise
- community involvement in orchard management, heritage and traditions.
- Training courses, orchard events and visits
- Hire of equipment – mills, presses and pasteurisers
- Technical advice over the phone
- Regular newsletters containing seasonal advice, orchard news and a diary of events
- ‘Harvestline’ – an online service linking apples producers with cider/juice makers (and vice versa)